Dec 7, 2017

Cranberry Brie Bites

I saw these cranberry Brie bites on Facebook in November. I brought the ingredients and a mini muffin pan to the beach, and made these for Peg and Bunny.

 

Ingredients:

  • 1 tube of 8 crescent rolls
    (or use puff pastry, or pie dough)
  • 4 ounces whole berry cranberry sauce
    (I used leftover homemade sauce from Thanksgiving)
  • 4 to 6 ounces Brie
  • needles from 2 sprigs of rosemary

Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Unroll crescent roll dough. Press together diagonal seams.
  3. Cut each quarter into 6 squares, making a total of 24 squares.
  4. Stretch each square a bit, press each square into mini muffin well.
    (I also made six on almond crackers for a lower carb version.)
  5. Cut most of rind off of Brie, cut into small 1/2" to 3/4" cubes.
  6. Press a cube in each well, top with a teaspoon of cranberry sauce
    (aim for at least 2 berries per well.)



  7. Sprinkle a couple of rosemary leaves on top of each bite.
    (Add some sliced pecans as well if you wish.)
  8. Bake for 10 to 14 minutes, until golden brown.
  9. Serve warm!

Carole's Notes:

We all liked these - they made a tasty mostly-lunch for 5 of us.

I might make them with less dough next time so I get more Brie and cranberry per bite. (Perhaps I might make 32 out of a tube of 8 rolls.)

I could not find the recipe on Facebook again, but it is pretty similar to http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a56610/cranberry-brie-bites-recipe/

No comments:

Post a Comment