Jun 27, 2020

Bread Machine Sourdough

Dana mentioned using her bread machine, so I decided to make a sourdough bread in my old bread machine.

Ingredients:

  • 217 gr lukewarm water
  • 1.5 teaspoon active dry yeast (use 2 teaspoons for quick bread setting)
  • 1.5 teaspoons sugar
  • 227g sourdough starter (if not recently fed, use the 2 teaspoons of yeast)
  • 2 tablespoon  vegetable oil
  • 410 gr All-Purpose Flour (I used 110 grams white whole wheat)
  • 1.5 teaspoon salt
       

Instructions:

  1. Put water, sugar, yeast into bread machine, stir to combine.
  2. Let the yeast proof while you measure out the other ingredients.
  3. Add sourdough, oil, flour and salt to pan.
  4. Program the machine for basic white bread, and press Start. (Or use quick bread.)
  5. Optional - After final mix before the final rise, pull out dough and remove paddle, then return dough to pan.
  6. When the loaf is done, remove the pan from the machine.
  7. After about 5 minutes, gently dislodge the loaf, and set it on a rack to cool.
  8. Store on the counter well wrapped for 4 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.

Carole's Notes:

We liked this! The recipe  seemed to fit old my ~ 2 pound Black & Decker Automatic Breadmachine.
I used the quick bread setting, and it mixed, rose, and baked in 2 hours. I will try the darker crust setting next time.

The recipe is adapted from https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/bread-machine-sourdough-bread-recipe.

(I updated the picture after the kitchen remodel when I made this bread again...)

No comments:

Post a Comment