Aug 20, 2017

Feta Bean Spinach Salad

I saw a Feta Bean Salad recipe that looked interesting, so I made it. (I had to substitute black beans for chickpeas, but you could use either type.)

 

Ingredients:

  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 tbsp lemon juice (or white or malt vinegar)
  • 0.5 - 1 tsp cumin, ground
  • pinch to 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/2 tsp chili flakes (or ~1/4 tsp cayenne pepper )
  • 1 handful craisins
  • 3.5 oz feta cheese or similar (3.5 oz = 100 g)
  • 1 can chick peas, drained and rinsed well rinsed (1 can is ~ 435 grams or ~ 15.5 oz)
    (I used black beans, because after I had the feta marinating in the dressing I found I had no chick peas!)
  • 2 large handfuls spinach

Instructions:

  1. Whisk together the honey, oil, lemon juice and spices in a medium bowl to form a vinaigrette. Add the craisins.
  2. Crumble the feta, and stir into the marinade.
  3. Rinse the beans well, then drain them well. Mix them in the bowl with the vinaigrette. (If you have time, let sit for 10 minutes or so, and stir again before adding the spinach.)
  4. Chop the spinach and add bowl, mixing in well

Carole's Notes:

I thought this was better the second day - the vinaigrette had soaked in more. This makes 2 large servings, or 3 small ones. I added in some extra spinach on the third day. I plan to try it with chick peas next time.

The recipe is lightly adapted from https://hurrythefoodup.com/chickpea-spinach-salad/

No comments:

Post a Comment