Jul 16, 2016

Cherry Clafoutis

I saw a recipe for a 'simply delicious cherry dessert' the same morning I had some cherries thawing.
I decided I needed a cherry pitter, and since Amazon would not deliver today, I went shopping.
I now own a cherry pitter, and have made my first clafoutis.




Ingredients:


  • 20 oz (600 g) fresh sweet cherries, stemmed and pitted


  • 2 tbsp (30 g) butter, melted (let cool slightly)
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cup (100 g) sugar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 3/4 cup (100g) flour
  • 1 cup (240 ml) milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract

Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Grease a large pie pan with butter, than dust with 2 tablespoons sugar
  3. Place pitted cherries in the pie pan
  4. Beat eggs with sugar and salt in a mixer
  5. Add flour, beat until smooth
  6. Add vanilla and milk, stir until smooth
  7. Stir in butter
  8. Pour custard over cherries
  9. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes at 350 until puffed and golden brown
  10. Server warm or cool. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
     

Carole's Notes: 

I like my new cherry pitter! The clafoutis is a custardy dessert with cherries on top - not as intense as a cherry pie, but still good. I am not sure I will make this again - I prefer a straight cherry pie.


No comments:

Post a Comment