Sep 27, 2020

Roasted Tomatoes - Air Fryer

Libby suggested I make some delicious vegetables, I had a lot of tomatoes, and my mom wanted some Air Fryer recipes, so I made Air Fryer Roasted Tomatoes.


Ingredients:

  • two large tomatoes (about ~3" in diameter)
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil

Instructions:

  1. Start pre-heating Air Fryer to 325 degrees.
  2. Mix olive oil, vinegar,  and spices together to make a marinade.
  3. Slice tomatoes in half from the stem end down. Slice a small piece of the rounded side, so that the tomatoes will sit squarely in the Air Fryer.
  4. Place tomatoes large cut side up on a cutting board.
  5. Make multiple small slits each tomato so the marinade can better soak in.
  6. Spread marinade across top of all tomatoes. (I had a bit left, which I saved to re-apply)
  7. Sprinkle tomatoes with the fresh basil.
  8. Place tomatoes large cut side up in a single layer in Air Fryer basket.
  9. Roast for about 25 minutes. (You might add a bit more marinade after 20 minutes or so.) 

Carole's Notes:

We liked this! I used them to make brischetta crackers - I quartered the tomatoes, removed the skins, and melted some provolone on crackers, and topped the crackers with the roasted tomatoes and a little more basil.



 

The recipe is lightly adapted from https://www.airfryerrecipes.com/cookbook/recipe/air-fryer-grilled-tomatoes/

No comments:

Post a Comment