Oct 9, 2015

Eggs in Clouds

I thought a recipe for Eggs in Clouds I saw on Tasty looked fun, but I decided to make a variation.
(Notes: sucking egg yolks up into a water bottle and squirting them out later is not the best way I have found to separate eggs.)



Ingredients:

4 eggs
1/4 cup grated cheddar + a bit more for sprinkling
1/4 cup chopped chives
(Optional - 2 slices of cooked bacon, diced small)
4 pieces of toast
Pepper

Instructions:

  1. Gently separate eggs, place the whites in 1 large bowl and yolks in 4 separate small bowls or ramekins (so you can easily pour them later.)
  2. Whip whites with electric or stand mixer until stiff peaks form.
  3. Gently fold in cheese and chives (and bacon if using).
  4. Spoon whipped eggs into 4 mounds on toast on top of parchment-lined baking sheet at least 1 inch apart.
  5. Make a deep well in center of each with a shot glass or spoon to hold the yolk later.
  6. Bake at 450 degrees for 4 minutes, then add 1 yolk to each well; season with pepper. Sprinkle with a bit more cheese.
  7. Place back in oven and bake until yolks are just set, 2 to 3 minutes more.
  8. Serve warm!

Carole's Notes:

I liked the way it turned out. Kind of of fancier than a soft boiled egg, but not too painful. If I remember, I will make for Alex, Ben,  & Brandi at Christmas.
(I made these while visiting my mom and dad in West Virginia.)

Lightly adapted from http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipe/eggs-in-clouds/

No comments:

Post a Comment