Jul 21, 2018

Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten Free)

I was looking for a recipe to use up a bunch of egg yolks. I was also looking for a gluten free recipe. I found an almond flour cookie recipe, which I adapted a bit. (I already had almond flour in the refrigerator.)



Ingredients:

  • 4 egg yolks
  • 120 gr sugar (maybe 1/2 to 5/8 a cup)
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 160 gr almond flour (about 1.5 cups + tablespoon or so)
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  2. Place sugar and eggs in a large bowl. Mix, increasing speed to high for several minutes until mix turns light yellow in color. (The eggs may double in volume, but won't form peaks.)
  3. Mix in vanilla.
  4. Stir in almond flour. Everything should come together into a thick sticky dough. (You may need to add a tablespoon or so of almond flour if the dough is too sticky.)
  5. Using a small cookie scoop leveled off on the side of the bowl, drop onto a Silpat mat on a cookie sheet. (They won't spread much, so you can place them pretty close together.)
      


  6. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or so, until tops are starting to turn a bit brown.
  7. Let cool for a few minutes on the pan, then using a thin metal spatula, move to cooling rack to cool down.

Carole's Notes:

We liked these! The texture was light and cookie-like - not too dense.
I believe the 4 egg yolk version will make about 30 or so cookies. (I actually doubled the recipe because I had 8 egg yolks, and made 65 or so cookies before sampling...)

Doug suggested I try brown sugar next time, so they would taste more like traditional chocolate chip cookies.

The recipe is lightly adapted from  http://atomicshrimp.com/post/2012/06/17/Egg-Yolk-Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment