Nov 5, 2016

Quick Pressure Cooker Applesauce

I was trying to make apple cider, but but my recipe changed to a quick apple sauce. This makes about 4 servings of apple sauce.



Ingredients:

  • Two large apples, quartered and core cut out
  • One small apple, quartered and core cut out
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup sugar (or more, depending on the sweetness of your apples)

Instructions:

  1. Grind apples with water in a blender (I used my Vitamix)
  2. Pour into a pressure cooker, stir in sugar and cinnamon.
  3. Bring pressure cooker to high pressure, and cook for 10 minutes. 
  4. Quick release the pressure (with water cooling on lid or other method.)
  5. Cool and serve.

Carole's Notes:

This makes a nice apple sauce.

fwiw, I used the posted recipe plus 1 extra cup of water when I was trying to make apple cider. I found that for cider, tou really need to press out the juice. I was able to drain out about a cup using a paper filter in a collander, and decided I wanted apple sauce more than cider.

No comments:

Post a Comment