Oct 15, 2022

Dulce de Leche - Instant Pot

I decided to make some dulce de leche in my Instant Pot.

 

(It worked, it was delicious. I forgot to take a picture until I used it in my recipe.)

Ingredients:

  • 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
 

Instructions:

  1. Remove labels from both cans
  2. Remove lids from both cans
  3. Tightly cover the top of both cans with doubled aluminum foil
  4. Fill the inner container with several cups of warm water. (You want the water to come up about 3/4 the way on the cans.)
  5. Place the low trivet in the Instant pot, and put the cans in not touching the sides.
  6. Add more water as needed to reach 3/4 way up the cans.
  7. Seal the port, and pressure cook on high for 40 minutes.
    (If you want a darker or maybe thicker sauce, you can cook it for longer.)

  8. Use Instant Release to release pressure, and let the valve drop.
  9. You can either remove lid, and let the contents cool.
  10. Or, you can very, very carefully with silicon gloves remove the cans.
  11. Dump sauce into a bowl, stir with a spoon or a whisk for a few minutes until the sauce is very smooth.
  12. Stir in 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
 

Carole's Notes:

I liked this - but I did go for a 3 hour bike ride today, so my body feels like it needs the calories.

The recipe is adapted from several ideas on the Internet. Some suggest you don't need to open the cans. but many warn you should. So I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment