Mar 28, 2022

Chimichurri

Last night I pulled a steak out of then freezer to thaw. Later in the evening, I about thought finding recipe and making a chimichurri to go with it. This is what I made.

Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 tablespoons red wine vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley (I used some cilantro as well)
  • 1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced (or 1/2 teaspoon powdered)
  • 1 tablespoon finely red chili, de-seeded (I used 1/2 teaspoon red chili flaked) 
  • 3/8 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
  • 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper  

Instructions:

  1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. 
  2. Allow to sit for at least 5-10 minutes to release flavors into the oil. If possible, let it sit for more than 2 hours.)
  3. Use to baste meats (chicken or steaks) while grilling or barbecuing. Also - add a couple of tablespoons over your steak when serving.
 

Carole's Notes:

I liked this on my steak - Doug like a small amount so he could better taste his steak.

The recipe is lightly adapted from https://cafedelites.com/authentic-chimichurri-uruguay-argentina/

No comments:

Post a Comment